Provide administrative support to Saint Mary Cathedral through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information, scheduling weddings and quinceañeras, and supporting fund raising efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
- Maintains the confidentiality of all parish and parishioner data
- Independently composes letters and memos in English and Spanish for supervisor’s signature; answers routine requests for information
- Screens mail, visitors, and callers; determines their needs, establishes priority, and routes same to appropriate staff or supervisor for attention; may maintain a tracking system to ensure follow-up
- Schedules and confirms meeting times for the Business Administrator
- Fields and responds to inquiries regarding weddings and quinceañeras at the Cathedral
- Effectively communicates and coordinates information and needs with the Diocesan Office of Canonical and Tribunal Services, Wedding Coordinators, and clergy
- Effectively communicates Cathedral policies
- Assists in preparation of materials for all project meetings
- Completes general clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Maintains accurate electronic and hard copy filing system
- Handles requests for information and data expeditiously
- Attends staff meetings and related meetings
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Bilingual, English/Spanish speaker, required
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher and has a knowledge of databases
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, typewriters, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
Saint Mary Cathedral prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing and support the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- At least three (3) years experience in general office responsibilities and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of bookkeeping.
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 60 days of employment, and maintain certification throughout the employment period.