Frequently Asked Questions

What are the parish office hours?
Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.

How do I register with the parish?
New members can register online here, or pick up a registration form in the Cathedral narthex or church office.  We welcome new members at New Member Dinners, held usually in January and July in Bishops' Hall after a Saturday vigil Mass.  Contact the church office or follow the bulletin to find out informaiton about the next New Member Dinner!

How do I contact the parish office?
Phone: (512) 476-6182
Fax: (512) 476-8799
Mailing address: 203 E. 10th Street, Austin, Texas 78701

What is required to have my child baptized?
Please read the Baptism Guidelines here and contact the office for what you need to have your child baptized and for Baptism Class Schedule.  Baptisms in English are held on the second Saturday of every month at 4 p.m. in the church.  Baptisms in Spanish are held on the third Saturday of every month at 4 p.m. in the church.

How do I register my children for Christian Faith Formation?
Please contact the CFF office at (512) 476-4801 for registration information or E-mail Deacon Rodriguez.

I am planning to get married.  Where do we start?
Please read the Wedding Guidelines here and contact the office at least six months prior to the desired wedding date for what you need to prepare for marriage in the Catholic Church.

How can I have Masses said for friends, family or deceased loved ones?
Contact the church office.  The suggested donation is $5, and, in accordance with Church Law, only one intention per Mass is permitted.

How do I arrange communion for someone who is homebound?
Contact the church office to arrange for an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion to the homebound to bring communion to him/her.

Whom do I contact if I or a family member is sick or in the hospital?
Call the church office, or if it is outside of office hours, call the parish emergency line at (512) 476-3440.  Depending upon your needs, a priest or one of our deacons will arrange to visit you or your family member.  The sacrament of Anointing of the Sick is available to anyone who may be facing an operation or a difficult illness.

How do I make an appointment to meet with one of the priests?
All of the priests keep their own calendars.  You can call the church office during the day or leave a message after business hours.  The requested priest will contact you to let you know when they can meet with you.  If it is an emergency, please call the parish emergency line at (512) 476-3440.

What is the deadline to have items included in the parish bulletin?
Two Fridays before the desired Sunday.  You can drop off information to the office, fax them to (512) 476-8799 or e-mail them.  Announcements should be kept brief and are subjected to editing to fit the available space.

Does the parish have any information I can give to my non-Catholic friends or someone who is interested in becoming a Catholic?
Contact the CFF office at (512) 476-4801.  The director can give you information about the Catholic Church you can share and also help introduce anyone who is interested in learning more about our faith as to what we believe and why we believe it and bring them into the RCIA class (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults).

How soon will I receive my Sunday Offering Envelopes?
Depending on when you registered with the parish, it may take a month or more before you receive your first set of envelopes.  In the meantime, please use one of the temporary envelopes available in the pews or church narthex.

How can I get involved in ministry and how do I know which ministries need help?
Contact the church office.  We will send you a copy of our most current ministry brochure (found here) along with a Gifts and Talents Survey, (found here.)  After you have an opportunity to look at the various ministries, you can set up an appointment with the church staff to discuss your interests.  A representative from each ministry you select will contact you to give you more information about what they do and how you can join.

When is child care available during Sunday Mass?
Child care is currently available during the 9:30 a.m. and noon Masses in the Donahue Center.

Who is responsible for making the Cathedral look so nice for each of the seasons?
The Worship Environment Committee decorates the Cathedral for each major liturgical season. 

What if I have an idea for a ministry that is not available at the Cathedral now?
Many of our ministries began with someone identifying a need that wasn't being met and starting a ministry that will meet that need.  If you would like to discuss an idea for a new ministry or would like more information about how you can start one, contact the church office.

How do I get the Cathedral to help me financially?
Please contact the Society of St. Vincent de Paul office at (512) 476-3750 to set up an appointment to inquire about receiving financial assistance or food from the pantry.

Search Site