Catholic Faith Formation is the Cathedral of Saint Mary's Religious Education Ministry Program that prepares the faithful to receive the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, First
Holy Communion, and Confirmation.
1) Registration takes place in person during Religious Education Office Hours (512-476-4801).
2) Families must re-register each year for the Catholic Faith Formation Program.
3) The Cathedral encourages new families to register and participate in the Sacramental life of the Church.
4) The United States Council of Catholic Bishops believes parents are an active part of the faith formation and encourages you to make every effort to strengthen your entire family's understanding of walking in the ways of Our Lord and His Holy Church.
Classes begin Sunday, September 14th:
- English: 10:45am - 11:45am
- Spanish: 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Routine and punctual attendance is critical in a young person's faith formation, and every effort is in place to avoid schedule conflict with holidays. Notify the Director of CFF in the case of any absences
In order to register for CFF, the Office of Religious Education requires the following:
- Proof of Legal Guardianship or Custody
- The child's Birth Certificate
- The child's Baptismal Certificate (if already Sacrament already received)
- Payment (which may be waived if there is a demonstrated financial hardship)
- If you are registered at another parish, we must have a letter from your pastor/parish requesting permission for enrollment with the Saint Mary Cathedral CFF Program
The cost to cover the operating budget of CFF is as follows:
Before August 24, 2014:
- 1 Child: $50
- 2 Children: $90
- 3 or more children: $120
- CFF offers one $50 discount per family for volunteers helping with grades pre-K - 12th
- There is an additional cost for students in the second year of Confirmation preparation to make their Confirmation Retreat possible
After August 24, 2014:
- 1 Child: $50 + $25 Late Fee per child (Total $75)
- 2 Children: $90 + $25 Late Fee per child (Total $140)
- 3 or more children: $120 + $25 Late Fee per child (Total $195)
Director of Catholic Faith Formation
Office Hours: Tuesday - Thursday and Saturday - Sunday: 9am - 3pm