Catholic Faith Formation is the Saint Mary Cathedral's Religious Education Ministry Program that prepares the faithful to receive the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation.
Do you enjoy learning about the Catholic faith?
So do our children! Please consider sharing the teachings of the Catholic faith and expand the hearts and minds of children as a catechist, assistant catechist or volunteer with the Catholic Faith Formation (CFF) community of Saint Mary Cathedral. Stop by the information tables in Donahue Center Gym after the 8:00am, 9:30am, or 12:00 Noon Masses starting July 10-31. For more information, contact Jaeson Drummond, Director of the Office of Catholic Faith Formation, 512-476-4801.
We will be accepting registrations for Religious Education classes for Pre-K through age 20:
Returning Family Registration—August 7: 9:00am and 11:00am (English), and 12:30pm and 3:30pm (Spanish)
New Family Registration—August 14: 9:00am and 11:00am (English) and 12:30pm and 3:30pm (Spanish)
Birth and baptismal certificates are required to register your child. Contact the CFF office for detailed information at 512-476-6182, ext. 142 or e-mail.
Estaremos aceptando inscripciones para las clases de Educación Religiosa para Pre-K hasta los 20 años.
Inscripción para familias que regresan Agosto 7: 9:00am y 11:00am (Inglés) y 12:30pm y 3:30pm (Español)
Inscripción para familias nuevas Agosto 14: 9:00am y 11:00am (Inglés) y 12:30pm y 3:30pm (Español)
Comunicarse a la oficina de CFF para más información detallada al 512-476-6182, ext.142 o correo electrónico.
- CFF Registration takes place during the Religious Education Office Hours of 9am-3pm, Wednesday through Sunday.
- Families must re-register each year for the Catholic Faith Formation (CFF) Program.
- You may register during CFF Office hours, or before and after class, when class meets–The CFF Office closes while class is in session for record-keeping.
- Parents attend a Registration Workshop to ask questions about the program and complete any paperwork.
- The Cathedral encourages new families to register and participate in the Sacramental life of The Church.
- The United States Council of Catholic Bishops believes parents are an active part of faith formation and encourages you to make every effort to strengthen your entire family's understanding of walking in the ways of Our Lord and His Holy Church.
In order to register for CFF, the Office of Religious Education requires the following:
- English and Spanish: 10:45am – 11:45am.
- Routine and punctual attendance is critical in a young person's faith formation, and every effort is in place to avoid schedule conflict with holidays. Notify the Director of CFF in the case of any absences.
- Proof of Legal Guardianship or Custody
- The child's Birth Certificate
- The child's Baptismal Certificate (if already Sacrament already received)
- Payment (which may be waived if there is a demonstrated financial hardship)
- If you are registered at another parish, we must have a letter from your pastor/parish requesting permission for enrollment with the Saint Mary Cathedral CFF Program.